Developer Training at Summit
Sage Summit is being held on July 10-15 at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center in Washington DC. During the conference we will be holding developer training for Sage ERP MAS 90/200, Sage ERP MAS 500 and Sage ERP Accpac. Most of this training will take place on the Monday and Tuesday during the partner half of the conference.
We will have a number of key developers attending the conference representing all three product lines. Besides offering the developer training, they will be able to network with many Business Partners and Customers to learn first-hand how people use our products and what we can do to help them in their work. For Partners and Customers this is a great opportunity to provide un-filtered feedback to the developers actually working directly on the products.
We will be offering a number of Developer Track Sessions for each Sage ERP product line. In addition Developers can sign up for one-on-one sessions to discuss specific product problems or concerns. So hopefully through the training classes, the one-on-one sessions and general networking, Development Partners will be able to get all your questions answered and concerns heard.
All mid-market ERP solutions rely heavily on a strong and vibrant Developer community to produce additional Accounting Modules as well as to provide integrations into all sorts of complimentary products. Sage’s success is very much tied to the success of the Independent Developer Community and we are trying hard to strengthen that at Summit.
Disclaimer: The agenda for Summit is still evolving, so there may be some changes before being finalized.
Sage ERP MAS 90/200
For MAS 90/200 the key initiative is to ensure all Development Partners are taking full advantage of the SQL Server version. The SQL Server version was just released and we are looking for Developer Community support to really make this platform successful. Then for people that integrate to MAS 90/200 we have two sessions on using the new Business Framework as well as integrating with real time data views.
- Programming to MAS 200 SQL Standards (Part 1):
- Programming to MAS 200 SQL Standards (Part 2):
Are you ready to move your modifications to the MAS 200 SQL platform? Learn some of the programming tricks you’ll want to incorporate into your code to optimize performance in the SQL environment. This two-part session will cover a number of MAS 200 SQL developer partner topics with a particular focus on developer standards, code optimization and ProvideX language enhancements.
- Using the Business Object Interface – Beginner (Part 1): Learn how to use the updated Business Object Interface with MAS 90, MAS 200 and MAS 200 SQL. This is the first half of a two-part session which will cover the basics of the interface, focusing on simple implementations from the standpoint of a development partner or system integrator. The second session (BOI Advanced) will introduce some advanced techniques and code examples to take your integration with MAS to the next level.
- Real-Time Data Views (and other cool tricks) using SageCRM and MAS 90: Want to bring your integration between MAS 90 and SageCRM to the next level? Learn how to customize real-time data views in SageCRM to link your data with MAS 90 for queries, reports, promotions, etc. See the latest enhancements to the SageCRM dashboard and learn how to customize it to meet your specific customer’s needs.
- Using the Business Object Interface – Advanced (Part 2): This is the second session for the Business Objects Interface. This session is where we will be introducing some advanced techniques and code examples to take your integration with MAS to the next level.
Sage ERP MAS 500
Although MAS 500 isn’t currently in the process of a major technology transformation, it is still a fully supported strategic product. For the MAS 500 development community this means you have a stable platform to build on. This is an ideal opportunity to improve your development skills and to add many new features to your MAS 500 products or to develop new ones.
- .Net with MAS 500: Have you ever wanted to write a WinForms application that integrates with MAS 500? How about a Windows Presentation Foundation based application? Learn how at this session. See how .NET interacts with the session objects and other controls like; Security, Login, Database Connection, Licensing, Lookup and Selection controls.
- Customization: This class will show how to use VBScript and basic customizer controls to provide customized utilities to help fit the Sage MAS 500 application to the specific needs of the user. It will also cover how to create custom tables and tie them to Sage MAS 500 using customizer to help expand the systems resources as needed.
- API’s and DI: Data Import uses them. So does Data Migrator, and the application imports. What are they Application Programming Interfaces, or APIs. Find out how you can use the same interfaces to safely integrate your application data into MAS 500. We will also show you how to use Data Import Manager to load data into MAS 500.
- MAS 500 Development: New to MAS 500 development or do you need a refresher course? Check out this session to learn about MAS 500 development best practices. We will be looking at developing extensions to MAS 500 in .NET or VB, what APIs are available for use by MAS 500 integrators? What options are available for customizing MAS 500 and which is the best one? What is the right way to import data into MAS 500? These questions and more will be answered for you at this session.
Sage ERP Accpac
The main emphasis of the Accpac developer training is to help ISVs move their products from the Accpac 5.x Visual Basic UI framework to the new Accpac 6.x SWT Web Framework. However we do have our usual session on the introduction to the entire SDK and after a hiatus we have a session on View (or Business Logic) programming.
Sage ERP Accpac – Accpac SDK for Developers – Part 1:
Sage ERP Accpac – Accpac SDK for Developers – Part 2:
Sage ERP Accpac – Accpac SDK for Developers – Part 3:
Sage ERP Accpac – Accpac SDK for Developers – Part 4:
Sage ERP Accpac – Accpac SDK for Developers – Part 5:
Through a series of hands-on labs, these sessions will show you how the Accpac 6.1 SDK is used to create web screens for Sage ERP Accpac and integrate them to the Accpac program views. Multiple labs will reinforce your knowledge of the Eclipse IDE, Sage Web Toolkit (SWT) and SData web services.
Sage ERP Accpac SDK – Writing Accpac Views: Do you need to create a custom Accpac Views with the business logic for your applications? This session outlines the code libraries, templates, header files and tools available in the Accpac SDK that greatly simplifies the task for creating a custom view.
Sage ERP Accpac SDK – UI Porting Tool: Join us at this session and learn how the UI Porting Tool can save you time migrating your existing VB screens to the Web. We’ll take an existing Accpac VB screen and walk through the process to convert this to a Web based form.
Sage ERP Accpac SDK – Implementing User Assistance: Join us in this session as we look at the different tools used by Accpac for creating documentation, Videos, Help and translations for Accpac 6.1
Sage ERP Accpac SDK – Welcome to SData (Part 1):
Sage ERP Accpac SDK – Welcome to Sdata (Part 2):
What is SData? It is the mechanism used by Sage applications to integrate with each other and external applications including mobile devices. At this session you will learn how SData is used in the Accpac 6.1 framework and see how it is implemented with other applications such as SageCRM.
Sage ERP Accpac SDK – Using Open Source tools for Accpac development: Take a look behind the scenes at the many Open Source tools used by the Accpac development team. Learn how to leverage these tools to code, build, test and document your Accpac 6.1 applications.
Sage ERP Accpac SDK – Introduction: Are you interested in customizing or integrating your applications with Sage ERP Accpac? This session introduces you to the Accpac SDK and the architecture that allows you to add value to the Accpac product family. This is an overview of the entire SDK including Business Logic, Reporting, External APIs and User Interfaces.
Often Sage development partners are attending Summit to have a booth in the trade show and to perhaps give a session or two. With the Developer training track, Development Partners can also receive additional training on the products they develop for and network with key Sage developers.
Update 2011/05/27: We just added a session: Sage ERP Technology Roadmap on Sunday, July 11 at 1pm – 2:30pm.
Session Description: Join Sage ERP Product leaders who will be discussing the technology evolution of Sage ERP product lines. This session will cover our product journey to the cloud; technologies being used to deliver rich web experience; developments on the Connected Services front(joining On-premise applications with the Cloud enabling us for web and mobile services); what kind of tools/technology/skills are needed to integrate, customize our products in the web world; and collaboration occurring on common components. There will also be time set aside for open dialogue. This session is for Sage ERP Development Partners only.