Sage ERP Accpac 6.x Product Roadmap
Sage ERP Accpac 5.6A recently shipped with:
- New Serialized Inventory, Lot Tracking
- Improved Bank Reconciliation
- Sage Accpac Intelligence
- Simplified Installation and Data Activation
- Free Training
- Built in A/R Inquiry Tool
- Many other great features.
Now we can look ahead to Sage ERP Accpac 6.0A and 6.1A. In previous blog posts I’ve talked about many of the features individually, but here I just want to summarize and present the current roadmap.
The main goal of Sage ERP Accpac 6.0A is: Solving Customer Requests with Web Technology
Usability: Improve Productivity
- Role Based, Personalized Portal
- Task Oriented Navigation
- Contextual User Assistance
Reporting: Faster Information Access
- Integrated Dashboards/KPI’s
- Ad-hoc Inquiry Tool – Quick Information Lists
Integration: Streamline Processes
- Enhanced Quote-to-Order Workflow for SageCRM Users
- Elimination of Lanpak Requirement for SageCRM User for Order Entry
- SageCRM 7.0 Support
Then the main goal of Sage ERP Accpac 6.1A is to bring all the Accpac Accounting Application screens to the Web. The Views (Accpac’s Business Logic), Reports and Database Schema will be largely the same as previous versions. The big change will be moving the User Interface forms from a Visual Basic Windows Desktop program to becoming a true Web Based application.
User Interface -> Modernized with “Web 2.0” Experience
- Improved Productivity for Faster Data Entry
- Improved Learnability
- Financials: General Ledger / Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable / Bank Services / Tax
- Operations: Order Entry / Inventory Control / Purchase Order
The look of the product and all the screens is quite updated; see my previous blog postings for screenshots and fuller descriptions. Below is the current product roadmap slide with the mandatory disclaimer.